An incredible session I think. Alonso takes pole, apparently for the first time in two years followed by Webber and Michael Schumacher.
The stories of the session for me are:
1. Both McLaren’s suck and Button in particular with front tire temperature issues.
2. The pace of Lotus before Grosjean beached the car. Raikkonen qualified 6th having run his lap probably too early on a drying track in Q3.
3. Michael Schumacher rainmeister.
4. Sauber done screwed up. Perez was on top of the charts until after the red flag when he got unceremoniously dumped to 17th. That will change as penalties from Valencia. A full provisional grid will be published on Sunday.
5. Webber outqualifies Vettel
6. Massa makes it to Q3. I don’t think its a question of if he will come back. He is well on his way.
I will follow up some of these stories with more detailed articles later in the day.